Yagyuu Binbokusai 柳生 敏木斎
| Yagyuu Binbokusai |
|Seiyuu|| 龍田 直樹|
Aoni Production Link
|Birthday||30 May / Gemini|
|Hair||Grey, long, with grey moustache|
Yagyuu Binbokusai 柳生 敏木斎 is the grand patriarch of the Yagyuu Family. He is the most highly skilled swordsman in the family and is the sword master to Yagyuu Kyuubei.
Please describe his external appearance.
Binbokusai has an easy going and care free personality, much like Sakata Gintoki 坂田 銀時. He doesn't like wasting anything, to the point that he scavenges cartload of discarded items/junks during his free time. In Episode 77, he also ate Shimura Tae's 'dark matter', i.e. burnt fried egg, saying it would be a waste not to eat it (he suffered the consequence later in Episode 79).
However, he is also wise and clever when the time calls for it, especially during a sword fight. As a astute swordsman, he can 'read' Gintoki's moves, in able to try and decipher which sword style he is a follower of in Episode 80.
In Episode 77 (Lesson 113 in the manga), he participated in the dojo challenge and was assigned by his grand daughter to be the 'captain' of the Yagyuu team.
- Male heirs in the family tend to be short
- In the manga flashback, he doesn't want to be called "grandpa", but "papa" just like Koshinori.
- He told the young Kyuubei that she could grow "apple" between her thighs (Episode 80).
|List of Gintama Characters|
|Families and Relations|
|Yagyuu Family 柳生一門||Yagyuu Binbokusai 柳生 敏木斎 • Yagyuu Koshinori 柳生 輿矩 • Yagyuu Kyuubei 柳生 九兵衛 • Otaki お滝|
|4 Devas 四天王||Toujou Ayumu 東城 歩 • Kitaooji Itsuki 北大路 斎 • Nishino Tsukamu 西野 掴 • Minamito Sui 南戸 粋|
- Sorachi Hideaki, Gintama, VIZ media, Vol. 13, Lesson 112, page(s) 171.
- Sorachi Hideaki, Gintama, VIZ media, Vol. 14, Lesson 120, page(s) 156.